The Middle east remains one of the most sought after places to work due to its generous tax reliefs and amazing living conditions. Europe and specifically UK has been identified as a place of great talent and middle eastern employers are flocking to grab the talent that’s exists in the UK and EU.
The procedures and red tape however surrounding you actually taking the plunge are as arduous and cumbersome as the life changing decision one needs to take before making such a big move.
Luckily there are now services that take care of all the formalities one must complete in order to get the all important visa which will allow you to work and live in Saudi Arabia legally. You have more than enough to worry about when making such life changing decisions hence not needing to worry about your visa would surely come as a welcome thought. Now you don’t need to worry about the process. Irrespective of all the complexities, dealing with applicable rules and regulations will be easy if you know where to start.
Types of Visas
Before you begin, be sure to know what types of visas are available. Anyone, who is willing to cross the boundaries for the visa to work in Saudi Arabia, should be aware of the types of visas, which are:
Things you need to get a visa in Saudi Arabia
Business visaThe Saudi Business Visa is for short-term meetings to be conducted between 2 companies. Only representatives of UK LTD, LLC, Partnerships and PLC companies can apply for a business visa. Sole Traders or Freelancers cannot apply for a Saudi Business Visa as they will not be listed on the UK Companies House website where all initial checks are done to see if a company is actively trading and accounts have been filed and are up to date.
- Work visa – The work visa is applied once someone has been offered and accepted to work in Saudi Arabia. This article will explain the main aspects of what needs to be done in order to apply for a work visa.
Family visitThis visa is used to visit family members already residing in Saudi Arabia. It should be noted that usually only direct family members can invite immediate family. Hence only your mother, father, brother or sister can invite you to visit them. Friends, cousins, aunties and uncles would usually be able to invite you to visit them in Saudi Arabia.
Residency visasThis visa is catered specifically for those who wish to invite their family members, now that one has become a resident themselves. The process usually consists of an applicants going over to Suadi Arabia and getting their “iqama” aka residency card and now wishes for their family to join them in Saudi Arabia. The employee will now process a residency visa application for his remaining family members so that they can join him/her in Saudi Arabia.
Pilgrimage visaThis visa is specially for “Muslims” wishing to perform the minor (umrah) or major (hajj) pilgrimage.
Tourist visaThe kingdom of Saudi Arabia has in a historic move opened up tourism to the kingdom in a never seen before attempt to boost tourism. Anyone can apply for a tourist visa and the visa itself is processed almost instantly. The visa allows one to stay up to 30 days in the Kingdom without the need for a sponsor.
Of course, there is a lot that you need to keep yourself aware of. To get your visa approved, you need to take documentation into consideration. Here are the documents you need to obtain a work visa. Let’s have a look.
- 1 completed application form
- Two passport-sized photo
- 1 passport (valid for at least 6 months with 2 blank facing pages)
- Copy of employment contract stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Copy of CV
- You need Authorization from the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs that must be gained by their Sponsor in Saudi Arabia.
- Police Report from Police Records Agency showing you that you have no previous criminal record.
- Medical Report duly completed by a competent medical authority and authenticated by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- Original of academic qualification certificates attested by Saudi Cultural Bureau, Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the Saudi Embassy in UK.
- Power of attorney must be in the applicant’s name.
There is a lot that you need to keep in your mind especially when it comes to the visa application. Of course, getting your work visa is not an easy task. You need to be aware of all the relevant tasks you need to follow to get approval on your work visa application.
Have a glance at the necessary notes you need to take into account:
- Start with the attestation of your educational qualifications as this stage takes the longest.
- Book your medical at an approved clinic but remember they only remain valid for 3 months.
- Order your police report but remember they remain valid for only 3 months.
- Ensure your employers send you the visa block and quota relevant to your country and profession.
- Ensure your employer send you a contract attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Getting a work visa for Saudi Arabia is never as easy as it may sound. Of course, there is a lot that needs to be taken into consideration. Applying for a work visa for Saudi Arabia may be easy. But, seeking approval on it is quite complex. Well, you don’t have to worry about anything. There is help available.
Seek Assistance from Visa Companies
Many visa companies are there to help you get the visa to work in Saudi Arabia. Getting a visa through these companies has become quite easy and you will quickly help in a stress-free manner. By turning to these companies you can easily avoid queuing and make it easy for you to get a work visa for Saudi Arabia. In fact, you can do it in just three easy steps with a reliable visa company.
- Step #1. Send Your Request for Work Visa
You need to send your request for a work visa for Saudi Arabia once you have already found a reliable company.
- Step #2. Submit Documents
Discuss the process with professionals and submit all the required documents. Make sure all the documents are valid.
- Step #3. Get Your Visa
Now, the professionals will do the job. Once approved, you will get your visa in no time.
Seeking approval on your visa request is not something that you should be worried about. All you need to do is to find a trusted platform where you can apply for a work visa and get it instantly with the least possible hurdles.